Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A year ago today

Today makes one year since John passed away. There have been so many times this past year that I've told him how glad I was that he hadn't been forced to see what is becoming of our country. The on-line antics of the representative from New York, who doesn't need his name in print any more than it already is, are just the last in a long line of things that I'm glad John is well out of.

From a purely personal perspective I would certainly prefer he was here to protect us and be the responsible party, and I know that was what he had wanted to happen as well. The world is a lot scarier place without him.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I just don't know what to say. The only thing that comes to mind is "I understand."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that was most likely what you were trying to say. It is hard to know what to say, particularly with people being so easy to offend with something that was meant kindly.

    I thought of being a goof and saying I see your "." and raise you a "?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read a really sad love story in Ef A Tale of Memories. A truly noble story. It is not a love that conquers all or the harsh reality of the world. Nor is it a tragic ending where the lovers decide to die with each other. This is a love of life and tomorrow, regardless of the hardships faced. There’s something very admirable there.

    The key theme was that for a person that resets every day and forgets all of their previous experiences, good and bad, tomorrow can be even better than yesterday. And the only reason to go on in life is with that hope and goal in mind. Not just hoping that it will be better. But actively making sure that it tomorrow is better than yesterday. And that tomorrow after tomorrow, is best of all.

    ReplyDelete